SY 24-25 Student Re-registration Window Opened on April 10

The Student Re-registration window opened on April 10, 2024. Parents should complete a re-registration for each currently enrolled student as soon as possible. During re-registration, parents must indicate whether their student will be withdrawing or returning for the upcoming school year.

What you need to know about school registration

To register to attend a DoDEA School the following age requirements must be met.

A child must be:

  • four years old by September 1 to attend pre-kindergarten or Sure Start.
  • five years old by September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
  • six years old by September 1 to attend first grade.

Overseas and Domestic School Eligibility

DoDEA eligibility & enrollment policies differ for DoDEA's two types of schools: Domestic Schools and Overseas.

Registering for a DoDEA School using DSIS

DoDEA Student Information System (DSIS) online registration is currently available for families registering in schools serviced by Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA). DSIS online registration reduces manual forms and makes it easy for parents to register their child for school. 

DoDEA parents are also required to annually re-register their student(s). Schools will notify parents when it is time to re-register their students. During this process, parents will be able to update contact information, update Sponsor’s employment status, and indicate whether their student will return for the upcoming school year. 

Universal Prekindergarten: As a condition of enrollment, all universal prekindergarten students are required to participate in the Student Meal Program, and sponsors are responsible for any daily costs associated with meals. (This does not apply to Sure Start, half-day prekindergarten, and preschool students receiving special education services who are not enrolled in universal prekindergarten.)

DoDEA recommends completing the online registration process using a desktop or laptop computer.  The online registration process may not work on a mobile device.

Please use the link below to log into the DSIS Family Portal to register or re-register your student

Login to Family Portal

The official website for DoDEA's student registration and school communication is the DoDEA Student Information System (DSIS) at At present, DoDEA is not associated with any other third-party vendors or applications for these services.

If you already have a DoDEA Family Portal Account.

  • Click on the Login to Family Portal button
  • Log in with your username & password.
  • Once logged in, read the Announcement to get started.
  • Click the initiate button in the “New Student Registration” box to complete the DoDEA registration process.
DSIS Initiate


If you Do Not have a DoDEA Family Portal Account.

  • Click on the Login to Family Portal button.
  • Click "Request an account" ONLY if you are registering a student(s) in DoDEA. If you have students currently in DoDEA, you already have a DoDEA Family Portal account.
  • Select "I am a parent/guardian registering my child online". 
  • Follow the prompts to complete account setup.
  • Log in and read the Announcement to get started.

Requirements to Attend a DoDEA School - U.S. Territories

Eligibility within U.S. Territories (Guam/Puerto Rico)

Eligibility to attend DoDEA Americas schools is outlined in Section 2164 of title 10, United States Code and Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 1342.26,"Eligibility Requirements for Minor Dependents to Attend Department of Defense Domestic Dependent Elementary and Secondary Schools." The following information summarizes the eligibility criteria.


Students are eligible to attend on a tuition-free basis if they are dependents of:

  1. Active duty military members stationed or home-ported in Guam and Puerto Rico, residing in permanent living quarters on or off the military installation, are eligible to attend DoDEA dependents schools in those U.S. territories if their dependents are listed on the sponsor’s orders (command-sponsorship).
  2. Full-time DoD civilians residing on or off in permanent living quarters on a military installation.
  3. Full-time, professional, excepted service employees stationed in Guam and Puerto Rico and residing in permanent living quarters on or off the military installation.
  4. Deceased member of the U.S. Armed Forces residing in permanent living quarters on a military installation served by DoDEA schools when the member of the U.S. Armed Forces died in the line of duty in a combat-related operation, as designated by the Secretary of Defense. Enrollment must be approved by the DoDEA Director..
  5. Member of foreign armed forces residing in permanent living quarters for any part of the school year.


Students are eligible to attend on a tuition-paying basis if they are dependents of:

  1. Dependent children of full-time civilian employees of non-DoD Federal agencies (who are residing in government quarters), If the employing agency certifies that they occupy a position that is subject by policy and practice to transfer AND THE EMPLOYING AGENCY AGREES to reimburse the DoD for the educational services provided.
  2. Dependent students of full-time civilian employees of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the United States Customs and Border Protection residing in Puerto Rico.
  3. Dependent students of full-time employees of the American Red Cross residing in Puerto Rico and performing emergency services on behalf of active duty military members.
  • Note: DoDEA U.S Territory schools are not authorized to accept tuition payments from individuals.
  • Note: Residence in permanent living quarters on a military installation served by a DoDEA U.S Territory school program does NOT guarantee eligibility to attend the DoDEA U.S Territory schools. Sponsors are required to meet the criteria listed above, regardless of residence. DoDEA vis not authorized to enroll students whose sponsor does not meet the eligibility criteria.
  • Note: DoD Contractors are not eligible to attend DoDEA U.S Territory Schools


Revalidation of the student's registration for the next school year starts in the spring.

  • If the sponsor's DEROS/PRD has expired by September 1, extension orders (IPCOT, R.A.T., Command Letter) are required.
  • If the sponsor's DEROS/PRD is indefinite, proof of continued overseas assignment is required.

Transfer and Withdrawal

Parents or legal guardians must fill out a Withdrawal/Records Request form at least two weeks prior to the student's last day of attendance. If the student is leaving within twenty days of the semester, PCS orders must be submitted to the school. If the student is withdrawing due to Early Return of Dependents, a letter from the sponsor's command must be submitted.

Early Withdrawal - Overseas/U.S. Territories

Moving to Another Location?

While we hate to see you go, we would like to help make your transition as easy as possible.

  1. Please complete the Student Withdrawal / Records Release Form and return to the Student Services Department.
  2. Be sure to speak with your counselor so they can coordinate with the new school if necessary (especially with Juniors and Seniors). Give as much advance notice as possible.

Withdrawals and Transfers

Upon receiving final notification of your departure from the community, please inform us at least two weeks prior to your actual departure. This notification is needed to prepare your child's report card, transcript (if applicable), attendance records, and other documents. No progress marks are given in any quarter unless the child has attended school for 20 days during that quarter. In the final quarter, no recommendation for grade placement can be given unless the child attends school for 20 days in that quarter.

Elementary school withdrawal is different than higher grades regarding requirements and is based on the 20-day rule. With ten days prior notification, parents are welcome to pick up student records from the office on the last day of student attendance, after 2:30 p.m. The sponsor/spouse must sign for records, provide a copy of orders, and present an I.D. to receive the child's school records.

It is DoDEA policy that copies of student records are sealed and given to parents to be hand carried to their next school. Official (original) records will be sealed and mailed upon request by the receiving school. Parents who would like a copy of their child's records for their personal files must personally request an extra set of records to be made when filling out the withdrawal form. We cannot make personal copies without advance notice. It is a requirement to clear all debts (replacement or payment for lost or damaged books, library fines, cafeteria debts, etc.) BEFORE the last day of attendance.

DoDEA Accelerated Withdrawal Policy

Excerpt from policy: The policy therefore requires that students present verification of the date of their sponsor's departure, i.e., Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or other official orders, to school officials in order to receive consideration for full academic credit. Students who withdraw prior to the 20-day limit receive a "withdrawal" grade rather than a final grade. At the elementary school level, administrators may annotate the child's progress report to indicate the student's status.

Speak with a school counselor to request Accelerated withdrawal.

Information for PCSing Families

Transferring to a DoDEA School

Sponsors of students transferring to a DoDEA school are required to provide verification of active-duty status, and proof of on-post residency for DoDEA schools in the United States or housing agreement for DoDEA schools overseas, before a child may be registered. Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten require a certified birth certificate or unexpired passport before registration can be accepted. Read more about Eligibility, Age Requirements, and Registration
Tips for PCSing with a school age child

  • Notify the current school of your move and give them the address of the gaining school if you know it.
  • Keep the address of the current school to give to your child's new school so they can formally request copies of your child's records.
  • Find out when school starts and arrange any summer vacation around the start date. Note information at the bottom of the District Calendar regarding "Early Promotion Date".
  • Keep your child informed about what you find out about the new school and any activities offered.
  • Talk to your child about any concerns he/she has about the new school, required courses, extra-curricular activities, making new friends and keeping in touch with old friends.
  • Hand carry the following paperwork: immunization records, copy of last report card, IEP (if your child has one), birth certificate, social security card, any custody paperwork and the receiving school will request official school records from previous enrollment.
  • Register your student as soon as you determine the school, he/she will attend.
  • Keep all paperwork away from the household goods! Put them in their own folder or envelope in a suitcase or bag you are hand carrying. Some people put the items they hand carry in a locked room or closet, in their car, or at a neighbor's home so the movers don't accidentally pack them.
  • Create a student portfolio-Important for middle and high school students. Has your child volunteered for activities at school, etc.? Ask for a letter of recommendation from the activity advisor. Has your student participated in JROTC or sports? Ask for a letter from the coach or teacher. Keep these to give to the new school in place of tryouts if possible or use for college admission and scholarship applications. Better to get the letters while the teachers still remember your child and the accomplishments they have made, than to wait until graduation and trying to get applications together to send.

Checklist for Inbound and Outbound Families

Inbound Checklist

  • Updated Immunization record with flu shot within the calendar year of enrollment.
  • Birth Certificate - original or certified copy (or non-expired passport).
  • Official Original Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders for the applicable military installation.
  • Copy of the lease AGREEMENT/housing documentation, first page only with dependents listed (different from acknowledgement)
  • Any IEP/504/medical records that pertain to the child attending school must be brought in to be copied and kept on file.
  • For Pre-K enrollment, child must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the enrolling year; for Kindergarten enrollment, child must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the enrolling year; and for First grade enrolment, child must be 6 years old on or before September 1 of the enrolling year.
  • If active-duty sponsor is a stepparent to the child, please provide a copy of the marriage certificate and the military ID of the spouse.

Outbound Checklist

  • Complete a withdrawal worksheet at least two weeks (but no more than a month) prior to withdrawal/disenrollment. The school registrar must be notified of the withdrawal/disenrollment.
  • Copy of the sponsor’s new PCS or EAS orders.
  • Clear all debts: Return library books and settle cafeteria accounts.
  • ALL OCONUS PCS should request physical records from the school. If PCS is within the United States, the records request signed by the parent/guardian should be made by the next school if other than DoDEA school the child is going to attend.

Required Forms

Regardless of registration type (new or returning) you will have to physically visit your corresponding's registrar's office (generally located at your child's school) to complete the process.

To maximize your time, we highly recommend you fill out the required and recommended registration documents, and bring the required documentation prior to your visit.

New Students

The following forms are required:

The following documents are recommended:

Returning Students

Transferring Students

Conditional Enrollment Contacts (Pacific)

Pacific Enrollment Contacts

If you have additional questions regarding eligibility and/or registration for the DoDEA Pacific schools please contact either:

DoDEA Pacific - East District:
Local: 225-3940
From the U.S.: 011-81-3117-55-3940

DoDEA Pacific - South District:
Local: 634-1204
From the U.S.: 011-81-6117-34-1204

DoDEA Pacific - West District:
Local: 738-5922
From the U.S.: 011-82-2-7918-5922

The DoDEA Regional Office Eligibility Coordinator
DoDEA Pacific Coordinator: From U.S.: 011-81-98-953-5878 - DSN: (315) 652-5878



DSN: 315-755-1169, Dialing from U.S.: +82 503-355-1168


On this page

    Open modal Return to top